X-rays of the teeth are ordered for a complete evaluation your pet’s teeth and the supporting bones. These X-rays help detect abnormalities that cannot be seen by the veterinarian.
There are several reasons why we would order a dental X-ray for your pet:
- To identify problems such as tooth decay, damage to supporting bones, and dental injuries such as broken tooth
- To find crowded or impacted teeth
- To locate any abscesses, cysts, or oral tumors
- To check on the size and formation of permanent teeth, especially in toy or small dog breeds
- To develop a treatment plan for more complex dental concerns
- Dental X-rays allow us to identify these problems early before any symptoms occur.